THE PRESIDENTS/CHANCELLORS COUNCIL
The Missouri Community College Association is governed by the Presidents/Chancellors Council. This group is comprised of the president or chancellor of each of Missouri’s community colleges, who meet on a monthly basis. The Council sets agendas to advance the mission of community colleges throughout the state. The Council is led by an executive committee who serve terms that run from July 1 to June 30. For the 2011-2012 year, the executive committee includes:
- CHAIR: Ms. Debbie Goodall, President of Metropolitan Community College’s Business & Technology Campus
- CHAIR-ELECT: Dr. Alan Marble, President of Crowder College
- VICE-CHAIR: Dr. Ray Cummiskey, President of Jefferson College
- PAST CHAIR: Dr. Steve Kurtz, President of Mineral Area College
- LEGISLATIVE CHAIR: Dr. Neil Nuttall, President of North Central Missouri College
Ms. Debbie Goodall, chair of the Presidents/Chancellors Council.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MCCA’s Board of Directors supports association members’ professional development, provides members with opportunities for networking, and advocates on behalf of community colleges. The Board is elected by the Association’s general membership and includes representatives of each of the Association’s departments:
- Administrative/Professional Department
- Classified Staff Department
- Faculty Department
- Trustee Department
- Retired Department
- Presidents/Chancellors Council
- Student Government Association
The Board is led by an executive committee. The chair rotates to ensure representation of each department. Pictured below are 2011 executive committee members Diane Mannion, Greg Walker, Nicole Sifford, and Joan Barrett.
The 2013 executive committee includes:
- CHAIR: Joan Barrett, MCCA Administrative/Professional Department & Ozarks Technical Community College associate vice president for student affairs
- CHAIR-ELECT: Karen Fink, MCCA Classified Staff Department & Crowder College admissions assistant
- VICE-CHAIR: Craig Larson, MCCA Trustee Department St. Louis Community College
- PAST CHAIR: Nicole Sifford, MCCA Faculty Department & Three Rivers College math instructor
To apply for MCCA’s 2013 Board of Directors, click HERE. NOTE: Deadline for applications is Oct. 1, 2013, with online voting Oct. 15-26, and results announced at the 2013 MCCA Convention.
BYLAWS & CONSTITUTION
MCCA has been governed by a constitution since 1975. Since that time, the bylaws have been revised six times. The most recent Bylaws/Constitution is available HERE.