2013 Legislative Agenda:
- Maintain and enhance funding for community colleges’ core budgets.
- Keep the A+ promise. Students who meet the requirements to receive A+ awards should receive what they were promised: Full tuition and fees at community college or area career/technical school.
- Identify reliable, sustainable sources of funding for capital improvements and renovations, including funding to support the considerable capital needs at community colleges.
- Maintain funding for programs that will enhance workforce competitiveness and economic development, such as the new and retained jobs raining programs and the customized training program.
- Extend the sunset on the Community College Job Retention Training Program.
- Make sure that community colleges can continue to educate the nurses our state’s healthcare workforce needs, now and in the future. Support the career pathway for nurses from the LPN and ADN levels through doctoral programs.
- Support performance-based funding as a mechanism for distributing a portion of the new money appropriated to public colleges and universities.